Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Four Day Party

After a good little vacation from blogging, I'm back and rarin' to go. My few days away from here have been fantastic, rewarding, and successful....and a little tiring. A big celebration went on for four days, with a houseful of daughters a son in law and grandkids here for Mom's birthday.

We had such fun, as we generally do when we're together. As with every family, there are occasional sibling disagreements, and we did have one of those, but all in all, it went well. Peter brought the Karaoke, and we took turns performing. The cameras were clicking, so the memories are recorded for all time. All this will be put into our scrapbooks. I can only imagine what future generations will comment about when we're long gone!

After cooking marathons, feeding frenzies and snack attacks, the bunch of us needed the dancing and Zumba we did nearly every night. I'm sure that even with that exercise, a few extra pounds stuck. I guess I'll go on a diet of 'rabbit food' for awhile, and continue the Zumba moves. I've got a doctor's appointment in April, and I don't feel like getting any grief.

Gram was in and out, according to how much of the mass confusion she could handle. She seemed to enjoy it when she was here, but sometimes the noise of so many people is a little much for someone who lives alone. She's a trooper, though, and was thrilled with the idea that her grandchildren thought so much of her that they would take time off and travel as many as 900 miles to join her on her birthday.

We gathered for photos of all of us in our sweaters, as planned...and Gram wore one of her own, as I knew she would. It was fun to see us all in one place wearing her handiwork.

I enjoyed having the gang here, and I hope that we'll have many more celebrations together in the future. Yes, I was tired, but staying up until 1:30 AM for a few nights will never kill me, and I'll soon return to my habit of falling asleep in front of the TV.
Now I've got work to do. I've got to shop for diet food and and to get moving, to start my walking again, adding dancing, and recording every calorie I eat. It's almost time for swimsuits, and I'm not ready for them! I'll let you know how things work out.


No comments:

Post a Comment